PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION ON 28 SEPT 2011


Recently I bought Canon 55-250mm IS telephoto zoom lens for my Canon EOS 550D camera. My purpose is to use it for nature and astrophotography. To test it for astrophotography at its full length I went to Kutch Mitra Park, a place which is 10 km south of the city of Bhuj with Mr. Narendra Gor. I wanted to capture comet C/2009 P1 Garradd and some of the Milky Way fields. The site is dark enough for observing and is close to Valakhavas Lake, our old observing site.

I could get some fine shots and have shared some of them below:



Cygnus Milky Way. Exp. 13 secs, ISO 1600, F/5.6, Focal length 55mm

Lambda Scorpii Region. Exp. 6 secs, ISO 3200, F/4, Focal length  55mm

Sagittarius Milky Way. Exp. 5 secs, ISO 3200, F/4, Focal length  55mm



Comet C/2009 P1 Garradd (marked with arrow), Exp. 8 secs, ISO  6400, F/5.6, Focal length 163mm



Comments

Mayank said…
Congrats man....awesome capture....I wish I could find time to join you guys for a full night session....
Rahul Zota said…
Thanks Mayank for the comment! Soon I am thinking to buy a GOTO mount (HEQ5 or EQ6) so I can give longer exposures. And it will be our pleasure to join you. You are welcome anytime :)