Orionid Meteor Shower 2012






The 2012 Orionid meteor shower will peak this weekend! Fortunately, the waxing crescent moon will set way before the prime time hours for watching the Orionids. The chart at the top of this post shows the radiant point for the meteor shower, which is in the constellation Orion the Hunter.  The meteors will appear in all parts of the sky. But if you trace the paths of the meteors backwards, you’ll see they all seem to come from single point within Orion. Expect to see 30 meteors per hour. 

Comments

Jithu Gopal said…
Pretty good blog you have here. I have recently developed an interest for astronomy and I was wondering if you would know of any good places in Bangalore which would be apt for star gazing.
Rahul Zota said…
Hi Jithu, thanks for liking my blog. Actually I am from Bhuj-Gujarat, not Bangalore but I know an active astronomy group in Bangalore and I suggest you to join it as soon as possible.

http://www.bas.org.in/Home/